U.S. CITIZENS are NOT REQUIRED to have a passport .
But it is RECOMMENDED.
But, YOU WILL be REQUIRED to provide
Two (2) items as proof of citizenship :
1) An original and certified copy of your birth certificate
OFFICIAL COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE (WITH SEAL)
A GOVERNMENT ISSUES PHOTO ID ( OR VALID DRIVERS LICENSE)
- Children under the age of 16, are also required to bring proof of citizenship (original birth certificate)
- if 16 and over, both proof of citizenship AND a photo ID is ALSO required
- Canadian and Bermudian citizens are required to have a passport for air, land and sea travel, including all Carnival cruises.
*Please begin to gather your documents as soon as you book your cruise and pay your first deposit.
* Travelers without proper documentation will not be allowed to board the ship. These are federal guidelines and regulations, and no exceptions will be made. Please govern yourselves accordingly . Please REMEMBER, AND REMIND THOSE TRAVELING WITH YOU, TO BRING THESE IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS.
A Note Regarding Passports:
Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking “closed loop” cruises, we strongly recommend all guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months after completion of travel). Having a passport will enable guests to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port in the event they miss their scheduled embarkation or to fly back to the U.S. if they need to disembark the ship mid-cruise due to an emergency
For more information on where to obtain a passport, go to www.travel.state.gov